The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released the provisional results of candidates who sat for the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) for both School and Private Candidates in 2022.
A statement issued by WAEC on January 25 said the Council will dispatch the results of school candidates to their respective schools through the Metropolitan/Municipal/District Directors of Education.
Candidates can also access their results on the council’s website www.waecgh.org
The entire results of 73 school candidates and 7 private candidates have been canceled for bringing mobile phones into the examination hall.
WAEC also disclosed that the subject results of 416 school candidates and 3 private candidates had been canceled for the offense of bringing foreign materials into the examination hall.
Thirty-eight school candidates have had their subject results withheld pending the conclusion of investigations into various cases of alleged malpractice.
Also, the Council said the entire results of 11 school candidates have been canceled pending investigations.
“Meanwhile, the scripts of candidates from 40 schools in certain subjects are undergoing scrutiny. The withheld results of candidates may be canceled or released based on the outcome of investigations,” the statement stated.
A total of 552,288 candidates made up of 276,999 males and 275,289 females sat for the school examination of the BECE. This includes 65 candidates with visual impairment, 427 with hearing impairment and 54 candidates with other test accommodation needs.
Out of the total number of candidates who entered the examination, 4,309 candidates were absent.
For the BECE private candidates, the total entry figure was 1,144 candidates. This constituted 641 males and 503 females. Out of the total number of candidates who entered the examination, 84 candidates were absent.