The Vice President yesterday joined Nananom and the people of Abiriw to celebrate this year’s Ohum festival in Abiriw, Eastern Region.
He underscored that aside the general social inventions nationwide, Abiriw has benefited enormously under the government of President Akufo-Addo. Apart from flagship programs like free shs, planting for food and jobs, NABCO, Abiriw has also benefited from the following;
The construction of ;
• the Abiriw, Awukugua, Adukrom and Apirede town Roads
• the now major highway in Okere, i.e the 20km Amanfro- Tinkong Road.
• A lot more roads would be constructed this year, including the completion of Abonse-Agomeda Road, the Asamang-Lakpa-Aboa-Koforidua
• One thousand (1,000) cockerels were last year distributed to farmers free of charge under the Rearing for Food and Jobs.
• Under the Planting for Export and Rural Development, 10,000 mango seedlings were distributed free of charge to farmers
• Under the Infrastructure for Poverty Eradication Programme (IPEP) 3 solar powered mechanised borehole water closet toilets, teachers’ quarters, 3-Unit Classroom block and a new modern market for the Asenema market are all under construction and near completion
Dr. Bawumia assured the Chiefs and People of Abiriw that more development projects would be rolled in 2020 to further improve the lives of the people. This is what President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo promised to do in order to make a prosperous Ghana meaningful.